Port Forwarding on a Linksys router
Setting up a port forward on a Linksys router is usually very easy. Linksys router's have a consistent and easy to use interface that makes setting up a port forward straight forward.
It is important to setup a static ip address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This ensures that your ports will remain open even after your device reboots.
Step 1 - Login to your router
Open up your web browser and type in the default gateway ip address for your router 192.168.0.1
This should take you to your login screen. Enter your routers password here.
Step 2 - Find the Port Forwarding Section
In most Linksys routers the port forwarding is found under the Security Tab, located on the left of your screen.
To get to the port forwarding section:
- Find the Security tab located near the left-bottom of the screen and click it.
- Click the Apps and Gaming tab at the top of the screen.
- Click on the Port Range Forwarding link at the middle of the screen.
- Find the Add a new Port Range Forwarding button at the left of the screen and click on it.
Step 3 - Create a Port Forwarding Entry
In the example screenshot we are creating a forward for Xbox Live, which uses port
3074. Other applications require different ports.
Step 4 Forwarding Zoom and Schoology Ports
-For Zoom Ports ensure TCP ports 80, 443, 8801, 8802 port rules are used And UDP ports 3478, 3479, 8801, 8802 port rules are used.
-For Schoology Ports ensure outgoing traffic rules for ports 80, 443, 8080, 8443, and 1935:
- Ports 80 and 443 are used for standard Schoology web traffic.
- Ports 8080 and 8443 are used to load SCORM content from Schoology.
- Port 1935 is used for recording audio files.
If you Experience any issues with forwarding ports please call us 208-403-0505